Civil Aviation ministry launches digital experience for travellers
The Ministry of Civil Aviation has added a Digital experience for air travellers through DigiYatra platform. The ‘DigiYatra’ is an industry-led initiative coordinated by the Ministry to transform the nation into a digitally empowered society. This follows Air Sewa which brought together all the stakeholders on a common platform for handling customer grievances and disseminating real-time data.
The Union Minister for Civil Aviation, P Ashok Gajapathi Raju expressed hope that the initiative of ‘DigiYatra’ will transform the flying experience for passengers and position Indian Aviation amongst the most innovative air networks in the world.
The Minister of State for Civil Aviation, Jayant Sinha recently launched the report on ‘DigiYatra’, stating that the initiative aims to bring together entire industry to develop a digital ecosystem that will deliver Indian customers a seamless, consistent and paperless service experience at every touch point of their journey.
Sinha informed that the platform will be built on four key pillars like Connected Passengers, Connected Airports, Connected Flying and Connected Systems which can make it possible over a period of time for passengers to:
– Plan their trips efficiently by identifying price trends and estimate future airfares at the time of ticket booking,
– Optionally link their Aadhaar to airlines and other ecosystem players at the time of booking for faster airport entry and automated check-ins without requiring any paper-based interventions,
– Walk-through security scanners swiftly owing to advanced biometric security solutions,
– Receive relevant information pertaining to various facilities, protocols, airline timings, queue lengths at airports etc.,
– Engage in customised digital offerings at experience zones,
– Get real-time notifications about congestion and delays to have greater visibility on the next step of journey,
– Conveniently navigate through the airport using digital guidance systems, interactive kiosks and augmented reality apps,
– Stay connected during flights and indulge in immersive experiences. Also book in-flight services and destination based offerings digitally,
– Get a prompt when their luggage reaches the baggage claim belt, and
– Submit grievances, share experiences and provide feedback.
June 25, 2018